The Full Skinny…
I am still learning.
And it is abundantly clear that regardless of my levels of mastery, I’ll be learning for the rest of my life.
Big lessons, small lessons, lessons I’d rather not learn, and lessons that are rocking my socks off – begging for additional practice.
I believe that there are many paths to Source, and that all of the names of “The Creator” mean the same thing; that we are ALL ONE, separated only by our physical natures.
To me, those physical natures are both the key to our Spirituality, and the lock. It’s all a matter of learning how to use what we’ve got …and that all amounts to practice, no matter who we are.
Which is all to say, there’s lots of learning to be done all over, and while I don’t know everything, I do know more than some, less than others, and I’m always eager to share – because, the more we know together, the quicker we can all rock this whole enlightenment thing. Right? Right.
So, probably you want to hear what I actually do – which is hard to pin down because it encompasses a number of things, but I’ll try to lay it out plainly.
Essentially, I am present for you.
Wholly, completely, fully, right there with you throughout our time together.
Whether we find ourselves dancing, exploring movement, touring your Soul’s terrain, revealing past lives, painting, learning to listen to ourselves and our bodies more deeply, I will be present to the point of dragging you into my space.
And that space? It just so happens that if we work together, that space will have been carved out and created just for you, in that moment, allowing you to explore any aspects of yourself that may have been previously hidden, or that you’ve been unable to observe by yourself, for whatever reasons.
I get that can seem elusive and maybe like I’m side-stepping the actual question, but at the heart of everything I do – I’m just present and receptive to translating weird, sometimes intangible languages for others into words and images they can understand.
The rest of this is all just plain silliness, but it will let you know more about me, in case you would like to have a closer gander.
- I have a love of words, and a love for enunciating perfectly acceptable words in weird ways.
- I still lament the loss of “Saturday Morning Cartoons.”
- I believe our planet is a giant playground.
- “Do No Harm.” And if for some random reason, it accidentally happens, apologize and have awareness for such situations in the future.
- After I saw Star Wars for the first time, I prayed to Han Solo, Obi-Wan Kenobe, and Luke Skywalker to come take me away in the Millennium Falcon.
- I believe forgiveness and compassion can save our World, just as they can save an individual.
- For a brief period of time, between the ages of 8 and 19, I existed solely on books and organized sports.
- I enjoy canoeing, playing in mud, finding crawfish holes, being contrary, reading fiction, watching movies, being silly, painting, writing, and shenanigans.
- I find difficulty in just “having conversation,” but engage me on the state of the world, where we as humans go from here, or the best way to ground and maintain energy and we’ll be talking all day.
- So, yes, cartoons, finger-paints, Star Wars, bellydance, Science-Fiction, drumming, Katanas, yoga, canoes, and motorcycles, but at the heart of all I do lies Spirit; Source, Great Spirit, Allah, Jehovah, Shekinah, God, The Universe, and Everything.
But seriously, have I mentioned Star Wars and Cartoons?
And, here are a few more ways to find me through:
Vimeo, Videos of my world
Flickr, Photographs from my world
FaceBook, the evil-Social-Media-spot that does so well at keeping us connected
Twitter, another place to find my pictures
For additional details about where I’ve studied and with whom, you could check out my learnin’ in addition to links for people, teachers, and services I believe make the world a better place.
Certifications that don’t involve Microsoft or DOS:
Daughters of Pele – Firewalking Ceremonies
Advanced Angel Certified Practitioner
“OM” Oracle Messenger
Certified Life Force Energy Healing Practitioner
Practices I’ve studied and those with whom I’ve spent the time:
Dancemeditation(TM) Teacher Training with Dunya through the Dervish Society of America (2003-2007)
POUND® – Rockout.Workout. A fun new way to workout that involves a pair of weighted drumsticks called “Ripsticks®”, a whole lot of rhythm and room to grow into the routines. I love this workout because I not only sweat, but my brain is constantly being activated by the challenge of it all.
Charles Virtue ACP and AACP
Birkan Tore “OM” (Oracle Messenger)
Hadia Raqs Sharki Level I Teacher Training
Usui Reiki (3 Levels) LeePhether and Don Mikovitz
Firewalking Training with Donna Daniels and Nike Merritt through Daughters of Pele Firewalking
Deborah King Life Force Energy Healing (Level 1)
Nouns Who Matter:
All We Need Farm A couple of my closest, and wisest friends, living it up in Needville, TX – Goat’s milk Gelato-Pops and Hog Shares available – seriously.
Dirty Footprints Studio Painting.Process.Life
Firefly Creative Writing Writing.Writing.Writing. Classes-online, in-person, and correspondence. Editing. Coaching. Promts. Videos. Writing.
Fabeku Fatunmise “Business awesomizer. Suck exorcist. Sonic alchemist.” <—no, really.
Jeanne Bessette Artist, Big Heart Person, and Lover of helping people Live Large.
Chris Zydel Master-Coyote, and Facilitator of Process Painting …mostly.
Ardith Goodwin Artist, Painter, Writer, Storyteller, MASTER teacher, Playful Human, or, as she chooses to define herself “ARDITH GOODWIN – Creative – Through the marks of a magical story an artist is born… self-taught creative maker, with one eye on imagination, and the other on living an incredible life. Expandorendative at its finest!” she’s all that and a bag of chips.
Jeremy Novy – Stencil Artist and Activist (among other things.) I got to take an afternoon workshop with Jeremy not too long ago and in addition to helping fuel the flames of my creativity (and social activism) he really helped me get a better handle on the concepts of “contrast” and “contours” which Ardith Goodwin got me started on when I studied with her. Don’t you love how the Universe works? Yeah, me too.